Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom
It’s a New England style clam chowder, which means it’s made with milk and ends up creamy instead of brothy in the end. This delicious goodie has been a staple on the Liberty Tree Tavern menu for years, and it’s a guest favorite.
New England Clam Chowder
Ingredients (Makes 6 Servings):
- 1/2 cup celery, diced small
- 1/2 cup onions, diced small
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 ounces clam juice
- 1 12-ounce can chopped clams, with juice
- 1 quart milk
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
In a 4-quart saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Add celery, onions, and green peppers. Saute about 5 minutes until tender. Add flour and cook an additional 5 minutes to form a roux. Stir in clam juice, chopped clams, and milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat immediately and simmer for 15 minutes. Continue stirring while chowder thickens. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper and add cubed, cooked potatoes.
When potatoes are hot, serve immediately.
‘Ohana in the Polynesian Village Resort
‘Ohana Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
‘Ohana means family – and this unique Polynesian inspired
restaurant, serving family style dinners and all-you-care-to-eat
character buffet breakfasts to a crowd pleaser to guests of all ages.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place a layer of potato slices and onion in a buttered shallow dish.
- Sprinkle with some of the cheeses and salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers and then pour cream over the potatoes.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and then let stand 5 minutes.